12.12The width of Incheon Bridge were agreed to be 800m. (Between Mayor Sang-Soo Ahn, the Minister of Construction and Transportation Dong-Seok Kang, the Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Seoung-Woo Jang, and the civil committee for the 2nd land bridge)
27Prime Minister Hae-Chan Lee visited IFEZ, and had a discussion.
30MOU with GM Daewoo to build an automotive test center and R&D center was reached.
31Amendment on designation and operation of Free Economic Zone was passed the plenary session of the National Assembly
Construction commencement for the access road to Songdo Knowledge & Industry District
11.03Promotion for participation and investment consultation regarding WCG 2004 at San Francisco, USA
A debate on the reality of free economic zone and future strategy was held.
09The agreement for tourism development and investment promotion was made with Korea Tourism Corporation.
11Ground-breaking ceremony for Songdo International Convention Center
18Incheon City Development Corporation opened a model house for Well County Apartment at Songdo Section 4.
25Benchmarking of Chinese special economic zones including Shanghai, Simcheon, and Hong Kong.
27Visiting of Prime Minister Hae-chan Lee at IFEZ, meeting held.
10.04The first vice president of IFEZ, Seok-Yoon Yoon was inaugurated.
08PR activities and investment promotion were undertaken at ‘WCG 2004’ held in San Francisco, USA
25Investment opportunities for members of HansangKorea (Korean Businessman Association) in the US was taken place.
- 07.08Debate on the five-year plan for Innovation and Development of Incheon was held. (President Roh was invited.)
05.13Investment briefing was held in New York, USA (Donald Greg, former US ambassador of Korea participated)
18Investment Promotion for Korea’s Free Economic Zone was taken place in Frankfurt, Germany.
- 03.09Investment promotion for Ireland was undertaken.
10.13Incheon Free Economic Zone Office Act and Regulations was announced.
15Incheon Free Economic Zone was launched. Hwan-Kyun Lee was inaugurated as the first head of IFEZ.
- 08.11Ministry of Finance and Economy officially notified ‘Songdo, Yeongjong, and Cheongra area’ in Incheon as Korea’s first free economic zones.
- 07.01Act for Designation and operation of Free Economic Zone was come into effective.
- 12.04Taskforce team for the preparation of Free Economic Zone was formed.
- 11.14The agreement of National Assembly on the enactment and operation of Free Economic Zone Act was reached. (Effective on July 1, 2003)
- 07.29The realization plan for the business hub of Northeast Asia was announced.
- 04.04Establishment of the integrated development plan for the reclaimed land in Northeastern Asia (Cheongna) (Ministry of Construction & Transportation, Korea Land Corporation)
02월Contract signed with Celltrion (USA) for the construction of Songdo Bio Complex
Establishment of the integrated development plan for the reclaimed land in Northeastern Asia (Cheongna) (Ministry of Construction & Transportation, Korea Land Corporation)
- 01.14Basic plan on the business hub of Northeast Asia was announced at the President’s New Year news conference.