For more information, please visit website of Hi-Korea. (https://www.hikorea.go.kr)
Types of visas
- Only one entry is allowed within the term of the visa (Single visas are valid for three months from the date of issue).
- An individual can enter the country two or more times within the term of the visa.
Visa types according to status of stay
Diplomacy/Official Mission Status
- Diplomacy (A-1), Official Mission (A-2), Agreements (A-3)
- Temporary Employment (C-4), Professor (E-1), Foreign Language Teaching (E-2), Research (E- 3), Technological Guidance (E-4), Profession (E- 5), Arts/Entertainment (E-6), Specially Designated Activities (E-7), Non-professional Employment (E-9), Labor Aboard (E-10), Working Holiday (H-1), Working Visit (H-2)
Non-profit & Short-term Stay Visa
- Temporary Press Coverage (C-1), Temporary Visiting(C-3)
Long-term Stay Visa
- Culture/Arts (D-1), Study (D-2), Industrial Training (D-3), General Training (D-4), Press Coverage (D-5), Religious Works (D-6), Supervisory Chairmanship (D-7), Business Investment (D- 8), Trade Management (D-9), Visit & Stay with Family (F-1), Residency (F-2), Family Dependency (F-3), Overseas Koreans (F-4), Marriage Immigration (F-6), Others (G-1)
Visa issuance procedure
The Place of Visa Application & Issuance
Exceptions to Visa Issuance
Documents to Submit
- Visa issuance application
- Required documents for each status of stay (Detailed information can be found by www.hikorea.go.kr)
Visa Issuance Fee
- Single visas for 90 days or less cost $30, while single visas for 91 days or more cost $50. Multiple visas will cost $80.
Designated Visa-free entry
Considering international convention, mutuality doctrine, national profit and other such factors, certain countries are granted visa-free entry permissions. (1 September 2018. Currently, 48 countries)
Nationals of the following countries are allowed up to 30 days of visa-free sojourn for tourism or visitation - Exceptions: Canada is allowed up to 6 months, and United States, Australia, Hong Kong, Slovenia, and Japan are allowed up to 90 days.
Countries that are granted visa-free entry for diplomatic, government official, and general passport holder
|Asia||Macao(90 days), Brunei, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Japan (90 days), Qatar, Taiwan(90 days), Hong Kong (90 days), Kuwait(90 days), Bahrain[10 countries]|
|North America||United States(90 days), Canada (6 months) [2 countries]|
|South America||Guyana, Argentina, Ecuador(90),Paraguay, Honduras [5 countries]|
|Europe||Monaco, Vatican, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Cyprus, San Marino, Serbia(90), Montenegro, Slovenia (90 days), Andorra, Croatia(90) [11 countries]|
|Oceania||Guam, Nauru, New Caledonia, Micronesia, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Fiji, Australia (90 days), Marshall Islands, Palau, Tuvalu, Tonga [13 countries]|
|Africa||South Africa, Seychelles, Mauritius, Swaziland, Botswana (5 Countries)|
Countries that are granted visa-free entry for diplomatic and government official passport holders (2countries)